Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pay for Seeking Alpha?
Anyone pay for Seeking Alpha? $20 per month feels pretty steep to me, but there is a lot of good content...
(10-19-2018, 08:35 PM)Kerim Wrote: Anyone pay for Seeking Alpha? $20 per month feels pretty steep to me, but there is a lot of good content...

Nope, I never get to the end of reading the free stuff.  Good reads on the site but many have a slanted agenda like anywhere else financial I suppose.
Same as Fenders53
I don't see the need for myself at this time. My portfolio is just about where I want it. The changes around the edges I can pretty much value myself. Once I retire in around 5 years and my 401(k) is available to for redistribution into my IRA, I may consider it to quickly get the money invested at values I find appealing.

For anyone who has a large sum now or who doesn't feel totally confident on finding companies at an acceptable value should consider it if they have the funds available.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

No, not really, even though I do like SA a lot. I do follow certain contributors and even a couple of posters--but paying $20 per month is not going to put an extra $80-100 a month in my pocket. SA to me, is a form of beneficial financial entertainment that I enjoy reading but not willing to shell out a monthly subscription fee.
Nope. I try to rely on my own thinking and I can get all the research/opinions I need for free.
Well, I have noticed that more and more articles are being locked out from non-paying viewership.
(01-27-2019, 01:00 PM)rayray Wrote: Well, I have noticed that more and more articles are being locked out from non-paying viewership.

It will cost them if they go too far.  Some days the place reminds me of CNBC and their cast of 1000 talking heads.  You can find somebody that agrees with you if you try.  I really like the place but you have to be able to figure out who is overly biased on a particular stock.
(01-27-2019, 10:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 01:00 PM)rayray Wrote: Well, I have noticed that more and more articles are being locked out from non-paying viewership.

It will cost them if they go too far.  Some days the place reminds me of CNBC and their cast of 1000 talking heads.  You can find somebody that agrees with you if you try.  I really like the place but you have to be able to figure out who is overly biased on a particular stock.

Even less reason to use SA. They have chased off one of their top bloggers:

https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/42641...ews-report
(11-08-2019, 05:31 PM)Otter Wrote:
(01-27-2019, 10:55 PM)fenders53 Wrote:

Even less reason to use SA. They have chased off one of their top bloggers:

https://seekingalpha.com/instablog/42641...ews-report

I really like Chuck's articles.  It's not too hard to figure out why they feel threatened.  Some sort of a financial agreement probably should have been pursued on his software.  As it is now it will be a loss for both parties.  The villagers are going to revolt for a long time over Chuck's departure, and he'll lose a large audience.