Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ARKs and Ark Funds
I visited a friend in S. Indiana yesterday. On the drive back a radio interview with her came on the radio. I'll just offer that hearing her made me glad I never paid her any attention whenever those funds were a hot item. Maybe it'll work out but it sounded like she was whistling past the graveyard - highly speculative stocks have never done well overall (as opposed to individual companies) in a rising interest rate environment. This market has offered a few surprises but I doubt this will be one of them.
She owns a lot of the Covid stocks that ran sky high in 20. Mostly too late and caught falling knives all the way down on the dip. Teladoc, Zoom etc. Paid way too much and keeps doubling down. And those are the good companies for now.

Now she purposefully says outrageous things constantly to promote her funds. Most of them are doomed within a year or so. CNBC gives her airtime because she's controversial.
(01-20-2022, 08:00 AM)fenders53 Wrote: She owns a lot of the Covid stocks that ran sky high in 20.  Mostly too late and caught falling knives all the way down  on the dip.  Teladoc, Zoom etc.  Paid way too much and keeps doubling down.  And those are the good companies for now.

Now she purposefully says outrageous things constantly to promote her funds.  Most of them are doomed within a year or so.  CNBC gives her airtime because she's controversial.

Look at all her latest buys. They are all crap stocks. She is clueless on what to do. She was a 1 year wonder. Without TSLA she wouldn't have survived.

She no longer is buying the TDOC of the world. 

I mean come on now she's buying VLD, BLDE, MKFG, TWOU, CGEN and others 

And she just sold EDIT at the lows after buying most in the 60-70 range. Now she sells at $20 lmao  Big Grin

Big loses, after big loses. 

I hope know one here is invested in her funds.
(01-19-2022, 09:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And it keeps getting worse.  I can't even try to defend her anymore. What planet does she live on?  

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3789355-ca...lue-stocks

Thanks for the link.

"In our view, the real bubble could be building in such so-called "value" stocks with much higher valuations in the context of a five-year investment time horizon as opposed to last year,"  - Cathie Wood (Quarterly Report).

Her "view" is skewed and clouded. Someone close to her needs to open a window. Sunshine is a good disinfectant.

"Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.” — John Kenneth Galbraith

- Scoot
(01-20-2022, 10:18 AM)Scooterd Wrote:
(01-19-2022, 09:11 PM)fenders53 Wrote: And it keeps getting worse.  I can't even try to defend her anymore. What planet does she live on?  

Thanks for the link.

"In our view, the real bubble could be building in such so-called "value" stocks with much higher valuations in the context of a five-year investment time horizon as opposed to last year,"  - Cathie Wood (Quarterly Report).

Her "view" is skewed and clouded. Someone close to her needs to open a window. Sunshine is a good disinfectant.

"Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof.” — John Kenneth Galbraith

- Scoot

Meanwhile she's buying companies with no earnings and very little history. Yeah lets take advice from her  Big Grin

Sorry but I will take the other side of that trade. They are a ton of undervalued dividend stocks out there. Just have to put the research in. And it's obviously she doesn't lol
(01-20-2022, 10:30 AM)poneyboy Wrote:
(01-20-2022, 10:18 AM)Scooterd Wrote:

Thanks for the link.

- Scoot

Meanwhile she's buying companies with no earnings and very little history. Yeah lets take advice from her  Big Grin

Sorry but I will take the other side of that trade. They are a ton of undervalued dividend stocks out there. Just have to put the research in. And it's obviously she doesn't lol
She is hoping to revive the story stock theme.  I'm sure that will happen, but 18 months from now is not going to save her or her investors.  She had another $500M withdrawal day earlier this week.  She has no choice but sell TSLA because it is liquid.  She can't sell $50M in a small cap without crashing the rest of her shares.  She might have survived this had she kept a couple mega techs in every ETF and called them disruptors.