Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking investing with friends/family?
(02-15-2022, 11:00 AM)RichardWilliams Wrote: Why talk to everyone about it? Of course not everyone is familiar with these processes, and many people just don't understand it. Find your audience and share your knowledge. Since I see you have some kind of need for a knowledge sharing.
I'm not sure who you are addressing, but I can speak to my motives.  I enjoying sharing my knowledge, and occasionally changing financial lives of people I care a lot about.  I had the best opportunity in the military because I had a somewhat "captive" audience.  Occasionally I cross paths with somebody and they proudly say something like "Thanks, glad you took the time because I now have $100K-$200K-$300K in my retirement account".  A really good feeling and it makes up for the ones who just go on squandering every dime they make.  More than half of those receptive to some mentoring made important and lasting changes.  

I guess I do have a "need to share knowledge".
(02-15-2022, 11:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 11:00 AM)RichardWilliams Wrote: Why talk to everyone about it? Of course not everyone is familiar with these processes, and many people just don't understand it. Find your audience and share your knowledge. Since I see you have some kind of need for a knowledge sharing.
I'm not sure who you are addressing, but I can speak to my motives.  I enjoying sharing my knowledge, and occasionally changing financial lives of people I care a lot about.  I had the best opportunity in the military because I had a somewhat "captive" audience.  Occasionally I cross paths with somebody and they proudly say something like "Thanks, glad you took the time because I now have $100K-$200K-$300K in my retirement account".  A really good feeling and it makes up for the ones who just go on squandering every dime they make.  More than half of those receptive to some mentoring made important and lasting changes.  

I guess I do have a "need to share knowledge".

i don't think any of us "here" are talking to "everyone" out in the real world

is this the "dividend metaverse"?

i remember what spawned this thread, a wife's friends husband wanted to pick my brain about investing--when i told him him my investment plan he wasn't too happy, wanted something a lot quicker

idk--buy a lotto ticket and hope for the best

fenders--i'm about 30 seconds away from getting grumpy
(02-16-2022, 10:49 PM)rayray Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 11:36 AM)fenders53 Wrote:

fenders--i'm about 30 seconds away from getting grumpy
LOL, yeah I had to remind myself where I was before I responded.  That was clearly an attempt to disturb the peace. Smile