Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full Dividend Reinvestment
Other than Capital One Investing, does any other broker offer Full Dividend Reinvestment?
Do you mean something other than just regular old reinvestment of dividends in the company that issues them? I thought that most brokers offered free reinvestment. Vanguard does.
Merrill edge does as well.
Most brokers only buy full shares with dividends, the remainder of the funds don't get invested. Not a big deal if one is adding funds, but for those who are not Full reinvestments and fraction of shares will help compounding.
Schwab reinvests with partial shares.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
TD Ameritrade buys partial shares

Ah, got it now, and yes, Merril Edge does buy fractional shares.

If I haven't recommended Merril Edge enough, here it is again, it's fantastic!
ETrade buys fractional shares with your dividend reinvestment.
Ah, ok. Yes, Vanguard buys fractional shares as well.
(01-21-2018, 10:00 PM)Kerim Wrote: Do you mean something other than just regular old reinvestment of dividends in the company that issues them? I thought that most brokers offered free reinvestment. Vanguard does.

(01-22-2018, 09:16 AM)rapidacid Wrote: TD Ameritrade buys partial shares

TD Ameritrade will initiate the purchase on the first business day following the dividend payable date or the first business day following confirmation of receipt of dividend funds. If the combined funds do not total the purchase price of at least one share, the distribution will not be reinvested"
(01-22-2018, 05:20 PM)cannew Wrote:
(01-21-2018, 10:00 PM)Kerim Wrote: Do you mean something other than just regular old reinvestment of dividends in the company that issues them? I thought that most brokers offered free reinvestment. Vanguard does.

TD Ameritrade will initiate the purchase on the first business day following the dividend payable date or the first business day following confirmation of receipt of dividend funds. If the combined funds do not total the purchase price of at least one share, the distribution will not be reinvested"

Hmmm, gonna have to look into that. Ive been with TD for some time and never had that problem.
(01-22-2018, 05:20 PM)cannew Wrote:

If you look at the paragraph that immediately precedes the quote, you will find:

Quote:TD Ameritrade will combine eligible cash distributions from my account with those from other TD Ameritrade clients requesting dividend reinvestment in the same security and use these combined funds to purchase securities on my behalf and on behalf of these other clients. ...

I've always received partial shares for over 30 years. Even when Waterhouse Securities was one of the predecessors to TD Ameritrade and a touch-tone phone trade commission (the cheapest method to trade) was $39.95.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan