Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover
(01-17-2018, 04:47 PM)ChadR Wrote: If you're OK with some non dividend payers, you might want to look at FB, GOOG, and AMZN.  I believe that FB and GOOG will eventually pay a dividend.  Similar to what AAPL did.

Thanks Chad!  Yeah I watch those names all the time.  I am an avid user of AMZN but it's hard to swallow that P/E even though everyone swears they are taking over the world...I actually like NFLX which has a similarly ridiculous P/E multiple.  I just think they have such a content edge and momentum they will stay the leader in that world for a while.  The FANG group is always watched nonetheless.  

Ultimately the goal of this portfolio is a secure, stable dividend growth platform.  I really want the dividends to offset the cost to carry the monetization loan for the 1042 rollover.  Once monetized I will have this portfolio to sit on for 30+ years but have cash from the loan to create an entirely new portfolio without the crazy rules.  One where I can use ETFs, foreign firms, REITs, MLPs, etc.  So ultimately I am trying to stick with relatively sane P/E's that throw off some dividend, focusing on growing the dividend over consecutive years and/or stock buybacks (not by using excessive debt to do so).  I wanted to beat the S&P dividend average and get closer to 3% for the total portfolio which I've managed to do.  I've got a little room for some speculative names, even non-dividend players to stick in various sectors if I wanted to.  

I'm short on IT so I probably need to focus on GOOG some more.  I sure wish they'd pay a dividend!

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover - by coffeyman76 - 01-19-2018, 08:06 AM