Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover
(01-02-2018, 09:38 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: Finance: Well since Canadian banks are out of the question, then you might as well go with the US ones. The tax cuts should benefits banks nicely, so any of the big ones should do. Pick two or three big ones and split it equally?

Industrial: You already have HON in your watch list, I can highly recommend it. The price has shot up quite a bit (just like most industrials) but it's still not a bad buy at these levels. Defence stocks are a tough deal right now, prices are all time highs, the EPS is following but the revenue growth really isn't... but it's still a sector I would highly recommend including. I'd go with RTN or BA even though I don't really consider either to be in the buy range.

Since it's an eternity portfolio and you're planning on around 50 companies, you could also look into some more or less wild bets. Things like cyber security solutions, robotics, 3d printing or whatever wild but plausible trends you can see.

Thanks, yeah I will do some (more) research on some of the "wild bets" and maybe find a name or two.

Added positions to JPM and BAC this week along with HON, TROW, DUK, QCOM and SCG (yesterday!  nice...)  Some of these are rounding out, so smaller positions.  My posture has been to make about half of my total planned investment in each name at a time then move into a full position in either 1 or 2 more trades as the deadline approaches.  Found a few pull backs along the way in some of the names.  QCOM for example was 20 shares to round out the total I was targeting in the name.  Looking at NEE a little right now.  Curious what happens here with INTC.  Since I am a long term investor even with the issue it might be a good entry point if I can ignore the beating it might take short term.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover - by coffeyman76 - 01-03-2018, 01:19 PM