Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover
(01-02-2018, 01:36 AM)rayray Wrote: Congratulations!

All your stock choices look great; however, being that I'll never be in your shoes investing through a QRP I wouldn't be able to give sound advice particularly that February 2018 will be here in a blink of an eye.

The rules do kind of follow my own investing philosophy: buy quality/buy at a decent price/look for that dividend/and try never to sell

Would you be able to consider any Canadian companies? Such as banks? They do throw off some nice yields to this date.

Thanks rayray.  It was a great situation for owners and employees both and really is a nice exit strategy that I think is under utilized (but catching on with boomers for sure).  

I wish I could consider some outside companies like Canadian banks for sure.  I've seen the yields and relative strength of several of them.  I guess that will have to be "Phase 2" since it isn't allowed as part of the 1042.

I've got some real gaps in Industrial/Materials and Finance.  I think I'm light in any sort of defense related names too - as in none.  I like the names I have I suppose, some more than others.  Really just looking for thoughts on potentially where to fill in the gaps in a MUST invest scenario including maybe not so common names or even something a tad more risky or growth heavy vs. a nice dividend payer.  With 50 names I can afford to have a few names out of the norm I suppose.  Not easy right?

I feel like I am waving a red flag at the bull but there really is no waiting for the exact moment.  In fact I've been slow to act thinking there might be a pull back throughout late 2017 or trying to over analyze names and dips.  I haven't done bad and actually learned a great deal about all the names I own but do I wait for a dip between now and 2/5?  Unlikely.  

Regardless now I have ~25 trading days to get it done.

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Portfolio in 12 months - 1042 Rollover - by coffeyman76 - 01-02-2018, 08:53 AM