Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special end of Year dividends? - KO, DOWDP
It seems that I got paid dividends by KO and DOWDP twice this quarter. Are you aware of a special end of year dividend?
I have not seen it for KO which we have in Mrs. account???
(12-17-2017, 11:33 AM)NilesMike Wrote: I have not seen it for KO which we have in Mrs. account???

I haven't looked recently, but if memory serves, for several years KO has paid their four dividends each year in April, July, October, and December. So -- technically -- no dividend paid in Q1, and two paid in Q4. (My tracking goes by the date the money hits my account, and not by announcement or ex-div.) This always threw my spreadsheets off, so I got in the habit of showing the December dividend in January to make everything smooth out. 

Or something like that. (I may not have the details or dates right, but my hunch is that, at least in KO's case, it is not a special dividend.)
KO isn't a special dividend. Kerim is right they pay in December instead of January.
(12-17-2017, 02:15 PM)Kerim Wrote:
(12-17-2017, 11:33 AM)NilesMike Wrote: I have not seen it for KO which we have in Mrs. account???

I haven't looked recently, but if memory serves, for several years KO has paid their four dividends each year in April, July, October, and December. 

This is correct, and Pepsi does the same thing but their "double" quarter is Q1 of each year.