Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My future Payout Machine
Nothing to be ashamed of, you trade in similar number of shares as I do. 

Keep building that machine!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
January summary:

Portfolio total value down a lot, due to a lot of my US stocks decreasing in value.
On the plus-side, January was my all time high dividend payout month so far (6.2% more than previous record month nov 2017).
Bought 3 shares of Dominion Energy (D) @ 74.80 today. My first stock from the Utilities sector in my portfolio.
March summary:

- Bought 5 shares of AT&T (T) @ $36.34
- Received a total of $28.80 in dividends, another record breaking month Smile
ahh, the joys of breaking your own records all the time. Smile
I think T was a pretty decent buy, even at that price. I added a bit myself from $1 lower, even if I wasn't planning on it.
If I was starting out today as a new DGIer, I'd pick several core stocks that I want to build a portfolio from the ground up. Why several, because, some will be and some will not be in that buy range. How many would I pick, not quite sure, maybe, 15 to 25 individual companies. Out of due diligence, say out of the 15 to 25 companies only 5 companies are in that buy range, I'd just keep pummeling money into those 5 with all the others kept on the sideline in that watch/wish list. I would only pick core/foundational type investments, the forever holds to build upon. After the foundation is built, then I'd branch out.

The things I look at

p/e

fp/e

peg

beta

divi

payout ratio

ffo

affo

and trading costs....my trades are 4.95......every trade cost bothers me, it just does, so the fewer trades the better.
Bought 12 additional shares of NWH-UN.TO @ 11.32 today.

Also, a few days ago reached a total of $100 received in dividends so far in 2018 - keep 'em coming!
Congrats on already hitting triple digits in dividends and the year isn't even half over. Keep it up, you're doing great.
(05-18-2018, 03:28 PM)jdiv Wrote: Also, a few days ago reached a total of $100 received in dividends so far in 2018 - keep 'em coming!

That's awesome, I love hitting new milestones.

Nice work!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(12-14-2017, 02:46 PM)jdiv Wrote: my goal for 2018 is $250 in total dividends payed out in 2018, and increase my yearly estimated dividends to $350. 

Status update: 

Haven't added as much funds as I would have wanted due to other costs/priorities, but baby steps forward anyway! Smile 

Total dividends 2018 jan-aug: $167
Yearly estimated dividends: $260

I've not taken any new positions the last months, but added some to existing T and MAIN.
(08-31-2018, 12:03 PM)jdiv Wrote:
(12-14-2017, 02:46 PM)jdiv Wrote: my goal for 2018 is $250 in total dividends payed out in 2018, and increase my yearly estimated dividends to $350. 

Status update: 

Haven't added as much funds as I would have wanted due to other costs/priorities, but baby steps forward anyway! Smile 

Total dividends 2018 jan-aug: $167
Yearly estimated dividends: $260

I've not taken any new positions the last months, but added some to existing T and MAIN.
Life gets in the way but that sounds like a more than a good start. Keep feeding the port when you can!