Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Upcoming Dividend Raises In September
We are now getting to the fun time of year when companies start announcing new dividend increases.

Here is a look at four: Microsoft, Lockheed Martin, McDonald's, and Philip Morris, that I am expecting to announce raises in September.

4 Stocks With September Dividend Increases
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Very good article. I agree with your predictions on MSFT, MCD, and PM. I don't own Lockheed Martin so I haven't followed it too closely. It will be nice for MCD to get to $1.00 per share for each quarter.
(09-01-2017, 08:53 AM)ChadR Wrote: Very good article.  I agree with your predictions on MSFT, MCD, and PM.  I don't own Lockheed Martin so I haven't followed it too closely.  It will be nice for MCD to get to $1.00 per share for each quarter.

Thanks Chad, glad you enjoyed it.

My expectations are tempered a bit with my predictions, but I could see and of MSFT, MCD or LMT raising closer to 10%.

2 weeks until we start finding out!

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Eric. Your the best and thanks for sharing. I just wish LMT would come back down under $190 so I could add lol
(09-01-2017, 09:46 AM)divmenow Wrote: Thanks Eric. Your the best and thanks for sharing. I just wish LMT would come back down under $190 so I could add lol

You're welcome, thanks for reading.

I agree that LMT is quite expensive right now, although I doubt you'll see $190 without a recession or a world peace treaty.

The former is much more likely than the latter!
That was a typo lol. I meant $290

BTW does anyone follow HRS? Great little company and just broke out. I just bought today. PE only 18 right now and going out to 2019 only 13.85. That's cheap.

That gives me NOC, BA, RTN and now HRS in the sector.
(09-01-2017, 01:33 PM)divmenow Wrote: BTW does anyone follow HRS? Great little company and just broke out. I just bought today. PE only 18 right now and going out to 2019 only 13.85. That's cheap.

The CEO stated they're expecting EPS to clock in at $5.85 - $6.05 for FY18. At 122, that gives a P/E ratio of a tad over 20. Not sure where you get 18 from unless it's analyst estimates.

Regardless, HRS has a pretty good niche; secure communications in many different scenarios. Besides the military applications, they are dominant in "first responder" communications in the civilian world.

I trimmed a little when it hit $100 and I'm kicking myself a bit for that. Right now, I consider it overvalued but if you're willing to hold for the long term (read: years), they should provide a decent return. They certainly are investor-focussed with their dividend policy. Don't be scared about the large writeoffs that show up in their financials quite frequently -- they do a lot of research and it often doesn't turn out as expected hence the writeoffs.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(09-07-2017, 11:22 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote:
(09-01-2017, 01:33 PM)divmenow Wrote: BTW does anyone follow HRS? Great little company and just broke out. I just bought today. PE only 18 right now and going out to 2019 only 13.85. That's cheap.

The CEO stated they're expecting EPS to clock in at $5.85 - $6.05 for FY18. At 122, that gives a P/E ratio of a tad over 20. Not sure where you get 18 from unless it's analyst estimates.

Regardless, HRS has a pretty good niche; secure communications in many different scenarios. Besides the military applications, they are dominant in "first responder" communications in the civilian world.

I trimmed a little when it hit $100 and I'm kicking myself a bit for that. Right now, I consider it overvalued but if you're willing to hold for the long term (read: years), they should provide a decent return. They certainly are investor-focussed with their dividend policy. Don't be scared about the large writeoffs that show up in their financials quite frequently -- they do a lot of research and it often doesn't turn out as expected hence the writeoffs.
Yes 18 PE is going by analysts estimates. And even at a 20 PE that's not expensive these days in the market. I think the stock can get to $140+ by end of 2018.