Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GE, VZ and T
Is anyone taking a stab at these companies down at these levels GE, VZ or T? GE baffles me. This stock just gets no love. You would figure with them being well diversified in Aircraft, medical imaging, financing and industrial products this stock would be at $35+. But it has been dead for years. They need to raise the dividend to .at least 30 to reward shareholders. 
I like GE and T.

I agree that GE is set up with a diversified portfolio of products and has a nice yield here. I recently bought it for my son's ESA account.

I like T's recent acquisitions and think their heavy spending on content and network capacity will pay off as the IoT continues to expand. One of my biggest holdings.

Not a fan of Verizon's recent acquisitions, but think it will be just fine for an income play as well.

Long GE and T.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I agree with Eric. I like both GE and T. I own both (more GE than T) and will probably buy more of both. Well technically I am buying more of each since both have their dividends reinvested back into themselves.
I own all 3 and will continue to buy them as long as they are for sale.
Yes.  I have been buying VZ and looking GE and T at around $26 and $35.  I also buy XOM and when I can't think of what to buy I add to DUK or SO.
I've owned GE & T for many years. I don't think GE will go anywhere until they move on from Immelt, but with a 3.5% yield, it's looking good.
I am showing GE to have a ~25 P/E. That is high for my tastes. I have a half position already from when prices were lower.
I do like T and VZ at these prices. Since I already have a full position in T, I added to VZ today to bring it also up to a full position.
(05-26-2017, 11:57 AM)benjamen Wrote: I am showing GE to have a ~25 P/E.  That is high for my tastes.  I have a half position already from when prices were lower.
I do like T and VZ at these prices.  Since I already have a full position in T, I added to VZ today to bring it also up to a full position.

True, but it's 14x next year's earnings, which tells me that the 25x ttm earnings probably needs to be normalized for some one-time expenses.