Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HD vs Dis - Which is the better buy?
Right now DIS is my largest holding but ESPN seems to be holding this stock back and wall street doesn't seem to care that all there other divisions are firing an all cylinders. My question is would you switch DIS into HD? I don't own any HD and was thinking this may be the better play going forward. Thoughts? And thanks
I just read something somewhere (real vague I know) that hinted that HD is probably due for a pull back. I only remember this because Im interested in HD if it does pull back
(05-12-2017, 08:00 AM)tim.kling.7 Wrote: I just read something somewhere (real vague I know) that hinted that HD is probably due for a pull back. I only remember this because Im interested in HD if it does pull back

Yeah but analysts are never right so you may not get that pullback lol. It pulled back yesterday $2 so maybe that was our chance. If earnings are great it could go to $165. Who knows. I would love to buy at $140 but I dont see that happening.
Will see
I did buy HD at 146 not long ago. There is nothing wrong with the numbers of the company.
I've owned DIS for many years and I love it. I would pick it over HD any day.
(05-12-2017, 07:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Right now DIS is my largest holding but ESPN seems to be holding this stock back and wall street doesn't seem to care that all there other divisions are firing an all cylinders. My question is would you switch DIS into HD? I don't own any HD and was thinking this may be the better play going forward. Thoughts? And thanks

It sounds like you see Disney as undervalued. Usually, especially investing the way most of us on this forum do it, buying a good company which is undervalued is the way to go. So I'd be interested to hear why you feel like selling Disney? Or is it just the latest price that makes you worried?

As for HD... well I decided to go with LOW myself but it's certainly a good industry right now. I'm a little skeptical as to how defensive they are in the case that the economy takes a downturn but for the moment I'm a happy owner.
(05-12-2017, 09:40 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote:
(05-12-2017, 07:32 AM)divmenow Wrote: Right now DIS is my largest holding but ESPN seems to be holding this stock back and wall street doesn't seem to care that all there other divisions are firing an all cylinders. My question is would you switch DIS into HD? I don't own any HD and was thinking this may be the better play going forward. Thoughts? And thanks

It sounds like you see Disney as undervalued. Usually, especially investing the way most of us on this forum do it, buying a good company which is undervalued is the way to go. So I'd be interested to hear why you feel like selling Disney? Or is it just the latest price that makes you worried?

As for HD... well I decided to go with LOW myself but it's certainly a good industry right now. I'm a little skeptical as to how defensive they are in the case that the economy takes a downturn but for the moment I'm a happy owner.

I love Dis and in my valuation should be at $130. The one downfall of owning DIS is that it only pays a dividend every 6 months instead of every quarter. And HD is a bit better on a dividend and growth basis. What I may do is just take some off the table in DIS and buy some HD. But not until after earnings. I'm hoping it sells off a bit. I just added to DIS the other day at $108 so I dont think I want to sell alot of it. But as far as undervalued companies. I'm actually finding a lot in this market that pay a 3% dividend or more.