Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Target (TGT) Looks Solid
Just joined DGF!
TGT: It will interesting to see where it goes from here. Will it go the way of JCP, SEARS? My cost basis is $63.06 and am at 80% of my full allocation. Lot of blood on the streets. As a long term hold I may fulfill my remaining if it hits $55. This one is a buy and monitor for me.
I think that TGT just has to protect its branding, offer unique TGT designed merchandise, and keep that Targee mystique that keeps them from directly competing with the likes of Walmart. IMO Target is not fully exploiting the upscale aura that they have created. Still, I believe that they continue to have a broad base of loyal shoppers and are in control of their own destiny.
Alex
(01-23-2014, 01:31 PM)Gapwedge Wrote: Just joined DGF!
TGT: It will interesting to see where it goes from here. Will it go the way of JCP, SEARS? My cost basis is $63.06 and am at 80% of my full allocation. Lot of blood on the streets. As a long term hold I may fulfill my remaining if it hits $55. This one is a buy and monitor for me.

Target had $22.7 billion in gross profit last year. They have a looong way to fall to get to a JCP or Sears level.
Good grief. I posted a question regarding Amazon and I see it was already asked. Sorry.
Please don't worry about it, Vincenzo! Definitely worse things than repeats. And at any rate, glad to have you here!

Kerim