Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Technology Sector
I finally got my article on the tech sector finished up last night and it was published this morning on Seeking Alpha.

I went outside the DGI realm a bit by adding Alphabet (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) to the watch list. I also went with 5 income and 5 total return ideas for my top ten list, rather than simply selecting them on income potential alone.

Top Ten Technology Stocks For Growth And Income

Enjoy!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I'm a big fan of the tech sector and I truly believe it'll continue to disrupt (even faster) the world as we know it. From auto, travel, entertainment, retail, even healthcare industries will be disrupted at some point by the top tech companies of our generation.

I'm long QCOM, APPL, CSCO, IBM and GOOG (not on the dividend portfolio), long V as well but I count it as Financials. I've been following MSFT for a while to get in and almost pulled the trigger during the Linkedin acquisition, I didn't as I expected prices to drop further and I was wrong. Have been chasing ever since...

AMZN (wrongly categorized as retail as to me is a pure Tech company) is my other sin stock, almost bought at $300 and didn't... still regret today... 

Back to dividends, CSCO and QCOM today offer the best value IMHO, agree!
(02-28-2017, 04:00 PM)Rasec Wrote: I'm a big fan of the tech sector and I truly believe it'll continue to disrupt (even faster) the world as we know it. From auto, travel, entertainment, retail, even healthcare industries will be disrupted at some point by the top tech companies of our generation.

I'm long QCOM, APPL, CSCO, IBM and GOOG (not on the dividend portfolio), long V as well but I count it as Financials. I've been following MSFT for a while to get in and almost pulled the trigger during the Linkedin acquisition, I didn't as I expected prices to drop further and I was wrong. Have been chasing ever since...

AMZN (wrongly categorized as retail as to me is a pure Tech company) is my other sin stock, almost bought at $300 and didn't... still regret today... 

Back to dividends, CSCO and QCOM today offer the best value IMHO, agree!

Yeah, disruption certainly goes with the territory with tech, the tough part is finding and investing in the disrupters rather than the disruptees.

I like your group of stocks, I don't own GOOGL or CSCO but they are high on my list of potential additions.

I was very fortunate with my MSFT buy as I got it in March of 2013 when I rebuilt my portfolio to dividend growth stocks. I managed to buy it around a 10 PE when it was out of favor due to slow growth. Since then it has raised the dividend considerably and become overvalued. I'm now sitting on a 150% total return and a 6% yield on cost in less than 3 years!

You aren't alone on AMZN. I remember looking at it when it was in the $50's but never bought because it was too expensive. Another woulda, coulda, shoulda!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha