Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ETF - talk me off the ledge
Good conversation here. I'm still not convinced which direction I should go. I honestly prefer DGI because it is my "hobby" and makes it more fun to save and invest. Maybe what I should focus on is my periodic investment strategy instead given that I will have smaller regular contributions to my taxable account.
(02-10-2017, 08:54 AM)navyasw02 Wrote: Maybe what I should focus on is my periodic investment strategy

True. If you have an investment strategy which works for you, then there is no need to switch away from it. It's normal to have to adjust the amount of money you put in each month, or maybe even make it every 2 or 3 months instead of each month... life happens and when we are talking about taking years or decades to build your portfolio, you can be sure that there are many times when adjustments are necessary.

I've tried everything from zero new money to a couple of thousand euros a month of new money. It all depends on how life is going. :p But whatever the case, as long as you already have investments that are generating dividends then once in a while you'll be able to make new purchases and the ball keeps rolling. Wink