Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Sheets for fair value
Does anyone know were to get google sheets that calculate the Fair Value of a stock?

Thnx

Marty
What formula for fair value would you want?
I use Google Sheets to calculate my own fair value numbers, but there isn't any sort of automated procedure to do so. Valuation is more art than science and there is no such thing as an exact "fair value" number for any stock. It's a target or range, depending on whatever you plug into the equation.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(01-27-2017, 03:25 PM)EricL Wrote: Valuation is more art than science and there is no such thing as an exact "fair value" number for any stock. It's a target or range, depending on whatever you plug into the equation.

That's what I was referring to.  Fair value can mean many things.  Some people do a DCF model, others rely on book value, p/e trend, 52-week range, comps vs peers, etc.
(02-02-2017, 09:42 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(01-27-2017, 03:25 PM)EricL Wrote: Valuation is more art than science and there is no such thing as an exact "fair value" number for any stock. It's a target or range, depending on whatever you plug into the equation.

That's what I was referring to.  Fair value can mean many things.  Some people do a DCF model, others rely on book value, p/e trend, 52-week range, comps vs peers, etc.

If anyone has a formula to share please do so. It would be nice to have a few and could average them together to get a  general value.

I use amibroker as my stock charting screening process and the following vars are available to download from yahoo or google. Wondering if any of these can be used to calculate a fair value.

Forward P/E
PEG Ratio
Profit Margin
Operating Margin
Return on Assets
Return on Equity
Revenue (ttm)
Qtrly Revenue Growth
Gross Profit
EBITDA
(Diluted) EPS
Qtrly Earnings Growth