Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renewed interest in dividend stocks
Hello all,

I'm getting close to retirement (3 yrs) and started to get more interested in dividend stocks again. I want to be able to just buy and hold for at least a yr so get a lower tax break if I sell. Hold the ones that are doing good for the long haul.

I recently joined Dividend Growth Stocks (D4L) hoping it will guide me in buying better quality stocks (so far I just bought: KO,CVX,T,ED,UTX,UHT).

Does anyone else on this forum subscribe to a dividend newsletter? if so which one and why?

So far I like D4L as I'm not very good at DD.  I like to selection he picks from and from there I can decide which one to pick.

Anyway I hope I can contribute and get better insight on dividends stocks with this forum.

Marty
Welcome to the forum!

I don't pay for any newsletters.  I do follow a few people on seeking alpha, but I mostly do my own analysis.
Welcome, Marty.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Welcome, Marty. I've never subscribed to a newsletter. I just track DGI stocks and buy the ones that are on sale.
Welcome to the forum, Marty!

I also don't subscribe to anything. If I were to pony up, it might be for fastgraphs, but never even pulled the trigger on a free trial.