Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Website: DGI for the DIY
My thoughts on Cracker Barrel's recent dividend increase announcement, and my expectations for dividend growth going forward.

Cracker Barrel Dishes Up Another Delicious Dividend Increase

Enjoy!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
My monthly dividend income update has been posted:

Relaxing My Way To 40% Dividend Income Growth In May

Enjoy!
Thanks for posting that. We've got a lot of overlap in that May list, but you've also got a couple that I've never looked into, although they've been on my radar in the past: CLDT & CBRL. I'll have to review them again sometime.
(06-07-2017, 10:11 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: Thanks for posting that. We've got a lot of overlap in that May list, but you've also got a couple that I've never looked into, although they've been on my radar in the past: CLDT & CBRL. I'll have to review them again sometime.

Cracker Barrel has been a great company for me, and I really like their business model. Slow expansion and consistent store revenues mean good cash flows available for shareholders.

CLDT on the other hand is a bit more volatile, as lodging REITs are highly impacted by changes in the economy. It isn't a high conviction position for me, but I'm content to keep holding and reinvesting dividends in it. It seems to have decent management and good properties, but is struggling a bit to produce growth right now.