Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brokerages + Portfolio Management
What brokerages are you guys using for your investing?

I'm personally using Robinhood and tapping into their API that syncs nightly so all the info syncs to a php app I made to generate nice graphs.

Here I can see what the Ex-Div dates/Upcoming are, How many shares I owe, what the payout ratios are, what is the P/E, etc

Sector Balancing

Portfolio Growth Overtime

Dividends By Month + Projected 6 Months ahead based on past payouts.

Since Robinhood doesn't have a web version, its very hard to manage and see the big picture with a mobile app online, browser based also makes it much easier to manage account and execute on trades.
Charts are all from highcharts.com
Was using Vanguard and Fidelity, now just Fidelity.
Fidelity here too. The only complaint I have is trade fees are $7.95 which isnt bad, but I wish they would have a tiered trade fee structure like Vanguard.
I use OptionsXpress, by Charles Schwab. Trades are $6.95. Also, I use ComputerShare for DRIP (commission-free!) and Loyal3 for BRK.b and GOOGL (commission free, also).
I use DeGiro.nl. 00.50 cents per trade and 00.005 per share

Any one know how as an non us resident can use a drip. They all require a us bank account. And of course i do not have that.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
(12-31-2016, 08:09 AM)robin33 Wrote: I use DeGiro.nl. 00.50 cents per trade and 00.005 per share

Any one know how as an non us resident can use a drip. They all require a us bank account. And of course i do not have that.

I've checked out Degiro and decided against them.
They have no ISA wrapper or Dividend reinvestment here in the UK.
Don t know what isa is , reinvestment plan ... i know thats part of my question How do i do it if not via degiro

Another thing. For small time investers is . 50 great

(12-25-2016, 07:34 AM)navyasw02 Wrote: Fidelity here too.  The only complaint I have is trade fees are $7.95 which isnt bad, but I wish they would have a tiered trade fee structure like Vanguard.

Fidelity just lowered their online equity trades to $4.95
Its basically a race to the bottom now.

Schwab to $4.95 (changed today from $6.95)
Fidelity to $4.95 (Effectively matching TradeKing)
(02-28-2017, 08:16 AM)billm Wrote: Its basically a race to the bottom now.

Schwab to $4.95 (changed today from $6.95)
Fidelity to $4.95 (Effectively matching TradeKing)

TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:AMTD) announced today that it will reduce its online equity and ETF trade commissions from $9.99 to $6.95, and lower options pricing to $6.95 plus $0.75 per contract effective March 6, 2017.
interactiveBrokers here. $1 to $$2 for one trade which is subtracted from the monthly fee of some $8. Realtime data cost extra.
(03-06-2017, 03:50 PM)Forticus Wrote: interactiveBrokers here. $1 to $$2 for one trade which is subtracted from the monthly fee of some $8. Realtime data cost extra.

if you are trading with smaller amounts then take a look at changing the pricing structure. The default one has a minimum of $1 but the other  has no minimum... usually my transactions of around $400 are something like $0.3. I don't know which one is better with larger amounts.