Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What stocks do you think are BUYS right now?
With the market up so much in the past few weeks. Are any investors out there finding any value right now? Post here if you see any good stocks to buy right now. Thanks
Take a look at MMP
4.7% div
5 yr div growth 14.92%
16 yr div growth
Large Volume spike 3 days ago.
About 25% down from High in Oct 2015
HRL & NKE, both near 52 week lows.
ABC, ABBV, CLDT, COR, CVS, DG, EXR, LOW, NKE, OHI, PFE, PDCO, SO, TGT, VFC
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
DEO, OHI, NKE, JNJ
Boeing may be worth a look now as well. Just announced a 30% dividend boost (3.6% forward yield) and a $14B share buyback, which is roughly 14% of the market cap.

Trades for about 16.5 times expected 2017 EPS.
GILD if you can stomach it.

Considering the rides i've taken with BAC, ADM, or COP (to name a few) I'm happy to risk in GILD a bit more as well. I wouldn't go full, but I'm comfortable with half position.

(12-12-2016, 05:21 PM)EricL Wrote: Boeing may be worth a look now as well. Just announced a 30% dividend boost (3.6% forward yield) and a $14B share buyback, which is roughly 14% of the market cap.

Trades for about 16.5 times expected 2017 EPS.

Fantastic news!!!
(12-12-2016, 06:14 PM)Rasec Wrote: GILD if you can stomach it.

I agree that GILD is at a great value, but has some question marks. I think it's gotten to the point where the HCV business could completely go away and you'd still be buying it at fair value on the HIV and other drug sales. I haven't added to my position at all, but am quite content holding what I have and seeing how it goes.
I bought some GILD at $73 last week. I'm thinking that the cash flow is so high and the P/E is so low that it's got a good chance of working out well.
(12-13-2016, 04:26 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: I bought some GILD at $73 last week.  I'm thinking that the cash flow is so high and the P/E is so low that it's got a good chance of working out well.

From a technical chart view it has a RSI divergence at the double bottom (I like this type of setup) and excellent volume with two white candles the last two days . Closed above the 50ma. If you Buy at this point place a stop around 71 (4% loss).  Still would like to see it break the trend down,  maybe a better buy when reaches above 78.
(12-13-2016, 05:34 PM)KTMarty Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 04:26 PM)DividendGarden Wrote: I bought some GILD at $73 last week.  I'm thinking that the cash flow is so high and the P/E is so low that it's got a good chance of working out well.

From a technical chart view it has a RSI divergence at the double bottom (I like this type of setup) and excellent volume with two white candles the last two days . Closed above the 50ma. If you Buy at this point place a stop around 71 (4% loss).  Still would like to see it break the trend down,  maybe a better buy when reaches above 78.

I don't think $78 would be a better buy than $73.
(12-14-2016, 01:05 PM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(12-13-2016, 05:34 PM)KTMarty Wrote:

I don't think $78 would be a better buy than $73.

I also would rather buy it at $73 instead of $78.