Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High Yield Dividend Growth
Sorry to hear about your lost capital, good thing you had the sense to keep it very small!
Eric,

I bought 100 shares of GTAT last month as a speculative play, and got out with only an 85% loss. Like you said, it was a huge slap on the wrist. Buy quality.
I spent my entire working life as a software engineer, and given my experience with a number of employers and never ending technology changes, I would never invest in a high tech company. Stick with stuff that people need no matter what.
(10-08-2014, 11:02 AM)Be Here Now Wrote: I spent my entire working life as a software engineer, and given my experience with a number of employers and never ending technology changes, I would never invest in a high tech company. Stick with stuff that people need no matter what.

Old habits die hard. I'm an eternal optimist and I have a hard time counteracting my optimism with the risk meter.

I love the phrase:
"It's often better to go with the tried and true than with the bold and new, even if the business might seem "boring.""
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Guys -
Any ideas on whether to hold onto LNCO ?
I have already suffered a pretty sum of $ 1050 on it.
Not sure what is happening with LINE and LNCO, but would appreciate any advice on what to do with it.

Huh
Ash
I have no idea what LNCO is or what the story is behind it, but looks like they slashed their dividend back in July of 2013 and haven't raised it since

They were -4.3% today on a massive accumulation day with the overall market +1.75% ... not a pretty picture

Regarding your statement: "Not sure what is happening with LINE and LNCO"

1) Pull out your money.
2) Find a blue chip you like and can understand.
3) Buy said blue chip
4) Profit
(10-08-2014, 07:32 PM)rapidacid Wrote: I have no idea what LNCO is or what the story is behind it, but looks like they slashed their dividend back in July of 2013 and haven't raised it since

They were -4.3% today on a massive accumulation day with the overall market +1.75% ... not a pretty picture

Regarding your statement: "Not sure what is happening with LINE and LNCO"

1) Pull out your money.
2) Find a blue chip you like and can understand.
3) Buy said blue chip
4) Profit

LNCO hasn't slashed their dividend, they just went from paying quarterly payments to monthly ones.

LINE/LNCO has been making some assets swaps/sales lately that should strengthen their cash position and decrease capex and I think will keep their dividend safe. The stock has sold off along with the rest of the oil & gas companies as crude oil has cratered from $107 to $87 since the end of June.

LNCO/LINE has been the target of a few short attacks and is considered a risky play which shows in the high yield, but compared to a SDRL and some other higher yielding options, I think it has a decent chance of maintaining the payouts and possibly getting back to dividend growth in late 2015 or early 2016 if the price of crude rebounds.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Thanks for all your inputs guys.... I will hold on to this stock for some more time and offload it once it starts to bounce back again.
Will also start looking more towards investing in BlueChip stocks.