Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Dump?
More like the Trump Bump!!!
Right? And XOM seems to be getting a bit of a lift from the Tillerson announcement. Though I was about to start a thread about stock price worries in the era of Trump....
As Dividend Investors, and presuming you mean lower stock prices in the era of Trump, shouldn't you be the opposite of worried?

(12-13-2016, 02:37 PM)rapidacid Wrote: As Dividend Investors, and presuming you mean lower stock prices in the era of Trump, shouldn't you be the opposite of worried?

In a vacuum yes, but what is driving the recent increase in stock prices is the assumption that under Trump there will be lower taxes, less regulations, higher interest rates, and higher GDP growth. All of those things generally lead to higher profits for companies, which means more cash available to shareholders through higher dividends and higher share prices.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Yea, with this latest run-up I'm assuming there will be a small correction soon, in the 3 to 5% range. Okay, I shouldn't say "correction" more like a small pullback.
I hope we get some kind of pullback, would like to be able to buy some stocks at better values.