Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HCP and QCP spinoff
Hey everyone, 

I just saw today on my broker account that I received 15 shares at ~$14.75 of QCP. I can't find much information on QCP which is understandable considering it's a new ticker (eg. dividend information).

What's your take on this spinoff? Hold on to QCP or get rid of it and move on with the loss.

http://seniorhousingnews.com/2016/10/30/...-spin-off/
No one holds HCP?
Sorry not here, went with OHI instead.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I had HCP in my wife's portfolio. Sold it a few months ago and replaced it with HCN. Just couldn't leave it in her portfolio with all the associated risks after the few other mistakes I made in her portfolio.

Now that HCP has cut the dividend and jettisoned the ManorCare, things may start to look up in the near future. As for QCP, they're saddled with ManorCare and all its troubles.

If it were me, I'd dump the QCP shares and either put them back into HCP or sell the whole echilada and put it into another healthcare REIT for now. Once HCP gets a new CEO, it may be time to take another look.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan