Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VGR, CALM...
according to a very successful study by James O'Shaughnessy, the following Consumer Staple dividend stocks are on the buy list: VGR, CALM, PM, UVV, FLO and CHD.

Quite simple, buy the highest yielding consumer staples and rebalance after 12 months. Very successful track record. 17.5% CAGR along with .86 Sharpe ratio.

I will be incorporating this strategy.

Good luck to all.

CORRECTION : BGS not CHD
Not a bad idea to buy companies that are beaten down. I'd just point out that CALM's yield is currently zero since it suspended the dividend last quarter.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(10-31-2016, 11:21 PM)EricL Wrote: Not a bad idea to buy companies that are beaten down. I'd just point out that CALM's yield is currently zero since it suspended the dividend last quarter.

Thank you Eric, I had missed that!
(11-01-2016, 06:23 AM)NilesMike Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 11:21 PM)EricL Wrote: Not a bad idea to buy companies that are beaten down. I'd just point out that CALM's yield is currently zero since it suspended the dividend last quarter.

Thank you Eric, I had missed that!

No problem.

I will say that CALM may still be a good rebound opportunity despite not paying a dividend right now. It is a well run company that has been buying out competition, if/when egg prices rebound, it could be a nice stock to own.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha