Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PII Polaris Industries Inc.
Hi,
I've got another stock that I would love to hear your opinion. It's currently struggling PII.
Current price is hitting 52w low - $70,5
However it has(d) stable dividend, high dividend yield and low P/E (12). It is a dividend Contender with 21 years of paying and raising dividends. I've seen that some of you have this stock in portfolio/watchlist.
What do you think? Just today was published an alert: INVESTOR ALERT: Khang & Khang LLP Announces an Investigation of Polaris Industries Inc. and Encourages Investors with Losses to Contact the Firm

Will it go even lower? Does it make sense to buy this stock? If yes, at what price?
I own PII and plan to continue holding it, but it has seen its share of struggles recently. It had some poor execution with new facilities, some issues with new products, and has also struggled against weakness in snowmobiles due to last years warm winter and with poor sales to the ag and oil & gas industries.

I continue to think it will work through the problems and be a good company to hold for the long term, but I have no idea where it will go in the next 6-12 months, it certainly could go lower from here yet. The current 3.1% yield is a about as high as its ever been for PII though, it may be worth starting a position.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-16-2016, 04:36 PM)EricL Wrote: I own PII and plan to continue holding it, but it has seen its share of struggles recently. It had some poor execution with new facilities, some issues with new products, and has also struggled against weakness in snowmobiles due to last years warm winter and with poor sales to the ag and oil & gas industries.

I continue to think it will work through the problems and be a good company to hold for the long term, but I have no idea where it will go in the next 6-12 months, it certainly could go lower from here yet. The current 3.1% yield is a about as high as its ever been for PII though, it may be worth starting a position.

PII should have never have rallied from $73 to $100 this year especially how much earnings and sales have struggled. No support in site now. Go back 10 years and this thing could hit $50 for all we know. This is a tough business to be in right now and they have a lot of competition in in this space. Estimates have been lowered from $6.05 a share a month ago to its current level of $3.49. That’s pretty ugly and they have now warned for 4 straight quarters. Nice dividend though. Maybe that will hold it up some. Good luck!