Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi all! I'm from Europe and new to the DGI approach. I've been investing for years, mainly index funds and some notsosuccesful stock picks. DGI seems something I could follow rigorously and I hope to create a balanced long-term income machine. I wish to participate in this forum as I've been a frequent reader and get some comments on my plan for the future portfolio  Shy
(09-13-2016, 09:05 AM)O Wrote: Hi all! I'm from Europe and new to the DGI approach. I've been investing for years, mainly index funds and some notsosuccesful stock picks. DGI seems something I could follow rigorously and I hope to create a balanced long-term income machine. I wish to participate in this forum as I've been a frequent reader and get some comments on my plan for the future portfolio  Shy

Welcome aboard Bazooka, looking forward to hearing more from you!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Welcome to the forum O'B!
Welcome aboard. Always nice to get a European perspective on EU stocks.
Thanks a lot! I'm actually leaning towards overweighing US stocks, accompanied with some European dividend goodies which I think are also already popular here  Big Grin
Welcome!
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Welcome Bazooka,
also European here and overweigthing US stock. 80-90% of our net worth is in-town, so it is probably ok to diversify outside of Europe.  Cool
Hello!
Hey! Yeah I also think it's better to allocate outside Europe, as most of the property and future outlooks are very local in nature. I posted some thoughts on going forward to My portfolios