Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CZFS Citizens Financial Services Inc.
Hi,
I haven't seen this stock mentioned here once. However it pops as a suggestion to my portfolio for half a year. 
Some stats:
CZFS Citizens Financial Services Inc. is part of Contender list.
Payout ratio ~40%
Dividend yield 3,13%
P/E 14,64
DGR3 ~33%, DGR5 ~22%, DGR10 ~22%
Pretty stable price (low volatility)
Financials are also ok imho.
What do you think about this stock, why it is not interesting for you? Is there a better one in this sector/industry?
I guess due to recent income statement price jumped to top of 52w.
$177M market cap and average volume traded is 553 shares per day.

No thanks.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(09-10-2016, 09:49 PM)EricL Wrote: $177M market cap and average volume traded is 553 shares per day.

No thanks.

Thanks for reply. What is your/reasonable minimum traded volume? Would volume also be a factor for you if you had 30-40 years before you actually wanted to withdraw dividends/sell stock?
I'm just wary of investing in something that small with limited liquidity and limited information about the business. 

Look at today for example, there were 41 shares traded...total. That is $2132 worth of trades made in the stock. I have no idea in what increments you plan to invest, or how large of a position you generally hold, but seeing that little liquidity would keep me out of it.

In limited searching, I can't find any analyst coverage on it, and it appears the company has had declining EPS and cash flow the last few years. Unless you are doing some in-depth research and due diligence on your own, I don't know how to value shares or project any future growth, dividends or otherwise.

Now, none of that necessarily means it couldn't be a good investment, it's just not something I would personally be interested in.
The low liquidity is also what keeps me away from them. If I built up a $10,000 position in them and for some reason needed to sell, it would take me a week and that's even if I could find buyers. Now if I needed to sell $10,000 worth of JNJ, it sells in less than a second.
makes sense, thank you both. What is minimum liquidity you would invest in?
(09-14-2016, 11:08 AM)lucas03 Wrote: makes sense, thank you both. What is minimum liquidity you would invest in?

I don't have any sort of set minimum, because frankly, it's never come up on the type of stocks that I invest in.

If I had to throw out a number though, I'd say at least a 100k shares per day would be fair. That's at least a couple million dollars worth a day on a $20 stock.