Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fading Dividend Increases...
I'm sure most of you already spotted this article about fading dividend increases over on SA. I've only given it a quick read, but my impression is that the data is of limited value. Sure, it may be interesting to use to try and guess macro trends, but I'd need to see a much longer historical segment and more math before I though too much of it. Moreover, we're all here because we don't believe all companies are the same. Just tallying raises and cuts ignores completely the merits of the individual companies doing the raising and cutting.

Other thoughts?
(09-05-2016, 03:22 PM)Kerim Wrote: Moreover, we're all here because we don't believe all companies are the same. Just tallying raises and cuts ignores completely the merits of the individual companies doing the raising and cutting.

Completely agree with these two sentences.  You can't compare something like JNJ to just any company in the wide universe of the stock market.
That's why we screen the stocks we are interested in and only monitor those stocks.  Ignore all others.
Glanced through the article and quickly ascertained the article is of little value, even on an entertainment level.

Please move along, nothing to see here Tongue Big Grin
(09-06-2016, 08:33 AM)DividendGarden Wrote: You can't compare something like JNJ to just any company in the wide universe of the stock market.

(09-09-2016, 10:28 AM)cannew Wrote: That's why we screen the stocks we are interested in and only monitor those stocks.  Ignore all others.

I'm with you guys. Lately I've even been giving a lot of thought to narrowing my watchlist to only include the best of the best. I've got some holdings that, even though they are performing fine from a DG and even a price perspective, do not let me sleep quite as well at night as I'd like. May be time to re-focus on quality.