Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Year update
It has been about about a year since I began investing in individual dividend growth companies. Most of my holdings were acquired after the flash crash last August as well as during the correction in Jan/Feb. Below is my allocation along with each individual stock's weighting with in my portfolio. Originally, I planned on equally weighting my portfolio. However, opportunities arose to buy into dips with certain holdings, so I took advantage. Also, I have fallen in love with JNJ, DIS, and CVS, among others, thus the heavier allocation to these equities. Please feel free to make any comments, criticisms, or observations.

JNJ      5.2%
DIS     4.86
CVS    4.85
MA      3.87
PII      3.84
TROW 3.78
V        3.58
CMI    3.2
MMM   3.11
UTX    3.07
CBRL  3.05
MON   2.98
UNP    2.87
CVX    2.72
AAPL   2.7
MSFT   2.62
GILD    2.59
XOM    2.47
VZ       2.4
WTR    2.36
COST   2.35
PG       2.33
PEP     2.21
EMR    2.2
KO      2.2
WMT   2.19
QCOM  2.14
NKE     2.1
IBM      2.05
HCP     2.01
SBUX   1.98
ITC      1.89
SHW    1.83
GM       1.16
F          1.13
VTR      .96
Any other stocks you plan on adding or will you just be adding to existing positions? Also noticed that you have no tobacco stocks and only 1 telecom stock.
(08-12-2016, 10:13 AM)ChadR Wrote: Any other stocks you plan on adding or will you just be adding to existing positions?  Also noticed that you have no tobacco stocks and only 1 telecom stock.

Thanks for the input. I do not own any tobacco because I do not love the future prospects for the industry, and I hope to hold these stocks for at least 30 years, if not forever. As far as telecom goes, I chose VZ over T last year, probably based on valuation, but possibly other factors as well.

I am currently watching Boeing, VF Corp., Home Depot, and Lowe's, but I need the latter two to come down a good bit.
I really like your portfolio, well done.

Other than adding some utilities and REITs when prices come down, I think you've got pretty much all of your sectors covered.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
(08-12-2016, 10:40 AM)EricL Wrote: I really like your portfolio, well done.

Other than adding some utilities and REITs when prices come down, I think you've got pretty much all of your sectors covered.

Thank you for the input EricL. I follow your articles on SA, and my portfolio is heavily influenced by yours. Interestingly, I plan on selling HCP and VTR after the summer.  My father, a CPA for over 40 years, suggested I hold REITs in my Roth rather than my taxable account due to the tax implications of the dividends from REITs.
(08-12-2016, 10:55 AM)divigrow Wrote:
(08-12-2016, 10:40 AM)EricL Wrote: I really like your portfolio, well done.

Thank you for the input EricL. I follow your articles on SA, and my portfolio is heavily influenced by yours. Interestingly, I plan on selling HCP and VTR after the summer.  My father, a CPA for over 40 years, suggested I hold REITs in my Roth rather than my taxable account due to the tax implications of the dividends from REITs.

Yeah, good idea. I didn't realize this was a cash account.

Good luck!
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Looks great.  I, too, am in love with JNJ and DIS.  Just keep adding when prices are down and you'll do great over the long term.