Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post BREXIT....Breathe....Breathe
Brexit has taught me my first important lesson of investing.  I can't time the market at all.

Had I just waited to buy my shares of KO until the end of the day, instead of the dip I predicted was the bottom on Friday could have saved a bit of money.

Well lesson learned.  Looking forward to the future ones.
(06-27-2016, 10:03 AM)jdhansen Wrote: Brexit has taught me my first important lesson of investing.  I can't time the market at all.

Had I just waited to buy my shares of KO until the end of the day, instead of the dip I predicted was the bottom on Friday could have saved a bit of money.

Well lesson learned.  Looking forward to the future ones.

jd, don't fret. Reinvest those dividends if you want, add a few shares if it gets closer to $40 and below (if it even does in the near future) and in 10 years time you won't even notice.

No one can really time the market; I know I can't. Keep developing your valuation techniques and buy when you think it's at a fair price.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

For DGI they usually have Buy Prices to watch for, so when drops occur they are not surprised, but expectant. It's always best when the price is reached, buy some. then reset the buy price should prices drop further. Increasing income is the goal!
Just to confirm that Yes!! ... I failed again at timing the market  Big Grin Big Grin

Was expecting it to keep dropping a few more days and it just didn't... the 3k I lost monday got back tuesday and today, and worst, was expecting to buy Nike on sale... and it didn't go on sale as planned... 

I suck at this guessing game  Sad
(06-29-2016, 12:52 PM)Rasec Wrote: Just to confirm that Yes!! ... I failed again at timing the market  Big Grin Big Grin

Was expecting it to keep dropping a few more days and it just didn't... the 3k I lost monday got back tuesday and today, and worst, was expecting to buy Nike on sale... and it didn't go on sale as planned... 

I suck at this guessing game  Sad

You can never time the market.  I'm pretty convinced that the "superstars" who beat the market on a regular basis are really just good at hiding insider trading.
Investors took £5.7bn out of UK-based stock market funds last month in the wake of Britain’s vote to leave the European Union, according to latest market figures. Concerns over the referendum result prompted investors to withdraw £5.7bn from UK equity funds and a further £470m from property funds in July