Poll: In light of high stock valuations, rising rates, BREXIT and being overdue for a correction, what is your current asset allocation?
All in! 100% equities
80% equities/20% bond
75% equities/25% bond
60% equities/40% bond
50% equities/50% bond
40% equities/60% bond
25% equities/75% bond
20% equities/80% bond
0% equities/100% bond
I'm out! 100% cash
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asset Allocation Poll
Asset Allocation Poll
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
I stay 100% invested in equities. Only exceptions are new cash that I deposit (build up to make next purchase) or dividends that I receive as cash (I only DRIP certain companies, maybe 50% of my holdings).
None of the above? I've got almost no bonds, but keep a LOT in cash. So I'm maybe 65% stocks, 33% cash, 2% bonds.
(06-24-2016, 08:25 AM)Kerim Wrote: None of the above? I've got almost no bonds, but keep a LOT in cash. So I'm maybe 65% stocks, 33% cash, 2% bonds.

Monday should be a good day for that cash after everyone talks themselves to death about BREXIT over the weekend.
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
(06-24-2016, 11:59 AM)Robandcindy2 Wrote:
(06-24-2016, 08:25 AM)Kerim Wrote: None of the above? I've got almost no bonds, but keep a LOT in cash. So I'm maybe 65% stocks, 33% cash, 2% bonds.

Monday should be a good day for that cash after everyone talks themselves to death about BREXIT over the weekend.

Absolutely.  NKE, DIS, RDS.B, TIF.  My problem is that I can't decide, can only make one purchase.
All in, 100% for stocks and some closed end funds.
Plus 100% in savings waiting next to the empty shopping list.
But then ... David Crosetti just reminded me, that Asset Allocation is more than stocks and bonds.
For our family there is a membership in a cooperative, metals (physical), one rental property, the goverments pension-ponzi scheme,  the house we live in, etc ... in sum about the same as the virtual worth (goodwill?) we once paid for our family business and may not get back at retirement. My wife uses to say that we are financial independend until we stop serving our customers.  Rolleyes