Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Times Coming, Buy Gold Stocks
Love articles such as these:
http://www.fool.ca/2016/05/27/2-big-macr...-at-night/

It refers to the Canadian market, but I'm sure there are US writers spouting the same garbage.

Barrick has cut its dividend several times from the 20cents/Qtr in 2013 to its current 2cents/Qtr.  Not a stock I'd consider or any cyclical stock, especially if one expects the market to go down.
I agree, Cannew. I'm not so afraid of cyclical stocks despite my experience with BBL but gold stock? Ever since the "gold rush" in the 70s/80s, I've never seen a gold stock that had a long term return above zero.

I also get a chuckle with those articles that say something to the effect of don't buy this stock because it's gone down so much or wait until it's gone up before buying. Huh? I've bought enough "falling knives" to know that in a few years time, I'll have collected a lot of dividends and the price usually is higher than where I bought it.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(05-28-2016, 06:55 AM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: I agree, Cannew. I'm not so afraid of cyclical stocks despite my experience with BBL but gold stock? Ever since the "gold rush" in the 70s/80s, I've never seen a gold stock that had a long term return above zero.

I also get a chuckle with those articles that say something to the effect of don't buy this stock because it's gone down so much or wait until it's gone up before buying. Huh? I've bought enough "falling knives" to know that in a few years time, I'll have collected a lot of dividends and the price usually is higher than where I bought it.

lol....Being a value investor/contrarian, I've become really good at catching falling knives! In addition, psychologically, it feels better catching a solid falling knife then chasing one on the way up.
for some reason i just the gold coins rather than gold stocks.