Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brokerage--Maybe a move?
Rasec--thank you for the info.

I played around with what I could on ME, without being a customer, and at this time I don't believe I would go this route for the simple fact I have my kplan with Fidelity. I read most of the reviews and it looks like one couldn't go wrong with the top 10 online brokerages, specifically the top 5. I was surprisingly shocked by the large amount of negative reviews and the horrible experiences, specifically, about account transfers and 401k plan to IRA conversions, my gawd, they were making me go into convulsions to the point my eyes were spewing blood all over the laptop. I never had this problem for the simple fact I always first opened up an account with a small deposit rather then opening up an account and transferring a large amount all in one shot, I've done this with brokerages, banks, and credit unions. After the account was established I would then transfer the full balance without any hiccups. I also do this because I'm the type of guy who likes to tip my toes in the water before I fully commit to jumping in the pool. In other words, it's nice to use the new service before dumping the old one completely.

Now, since I have my Kplan and an empty idle brokerage account with Fidelity, I was able to play around with all their fancy updates that didn't exist several years ago. Even though I was able to use and understand everything just fine I'd be lying if I didn't say the amount of information all in one spot was not overwhelming to the point you can loose yourself opening link after link after link after link. I'm going to have to play around with it a bit more before I fully commit and close the Vanguard account. To be honest, even though Vanguard is not as advanced as ME and Fidelity the watered down clean non cluttered look of Vanguard is very appealing as a buy and hold investor such as myself. I suppose I have to ask myself how badly do I want to completely cash out all mutual funds outside of the Kplan, that is the question that I have to answer. Vanguard has been really good to me over the years and I never appreciated that clean simple platform until I played around with these other brokerages.

(Kerim--feel free to combine this thread with "Favorite Brokerage?" I have no idea why I made another thread, I knew the other one existed)

Messages In This Thread
Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by rayray - 05-17-2016, 09:57 PM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by Rasec - 05-17-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by rayray - 05-18-2016, 10:30 AM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by DividendGarden - 05-18-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Brokerage--Maybe a move? - by rayray - 05-22-2016, 01:58 PM