Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asset Allocation
Working on getting a poll up.

What is your portfolio allocation considering the world today (elections, ISIS, BREXIT, oil, low/negative interest rates, etc...)?

Cheers,

Rob
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
I'm 100% stocks. Though if I was in retirement, I might have a little more allocated to bonds. Also if bonds or CDs were paying better, I would have some allocated to them today.
Roughly:

40% real estate (investment)
40% stocks
10% cash
10% bonds
Good question.

Wife: Assets = 97% stocks, 3% cash. Income = 99.99992% stocks, 0.00008% money market.
Me: Assets = 99.9% stocks, 0.1% cash. Income = 100% stocks, infinitesimal from money market.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(06-14-2016, 12:39 PM)Robandcindy2 Wrote: What is your portfolio allocation considering the world today (elections, ISIS, BREXIT, oil, low/negative interest rates, etc...)?

100% stocks except for dividends that accrue and new cash pooling for the next purchase.
No one considers real estate as an investment?
I don't consider my primary residence as an investment. Though when I owned a rent house, I did consider it in my asset allocation. No current rent houses means no allocation to real estate. I will most likely get back into rentals later in life, but with two small kids, I don't want the headaches of rentals right now.
(06-14-2016, 06:17 PM)Rasec Wrote: No one considers real estate as an investment?

I do own Realty Income (O), a Real Estate Investment Trust.  Also, I've always been told that MCD is a real estate investment as opposed to a fast food investment.
(06-16-2016, 09:57 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(06-14-2016, 06:17 PM)Rasec Wrote: No one considers real estate as an investment?

I do own Realty Income (O), a Real Estate Investment Trust.  Also, I've always been told that MCD is a real estate investment as opposed to a fast food investment.

hahaha, funny indeed!  Big Grin