Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMR
Emerson Electric has been on my watch list for a while. 

It has an attractive P/E and share price, though there is some uncertainty with respect to the upcoming spin-off. 

More advantageous to start a position before it spins off or after?
I know we're not supposed to be ruled by our emotions as investors, but I can't even look at EMR with any objectivity since having several orders filled out in the low / mid $40s back in January and February. I never pulled the trigger, and am now very annoyed with myself. Same story with CMI.

(I know, not a helpful response at all! Just ranting.)
EMR is one of those companies that's been on my watchlist for years, but I've just never bought it. There always seems to be something else that I choose over it whenever I'm ready to make a purchase. One of these days, I'll have to initiate a position in EMR.
Cost basis of $48, 3rd biggest position in my book atm. I really like it!

We're all going around without answering kh137's question though. Big Grin
When they do the spinoff, would one business be more attractive than the other?
It appears that EMR is spinning off segments that currently lose money. Currently, it looks like this will help EMR and the spun off company won't be very healthy.
I wonder if they will also saddle the spinoff with a lot of their debt, too.
Yeah not thrilled with the low quality assets spin off and their reliance on oil logistics. However, they do seem to be honing in on other businesses, I read recently they are focusing on Air conditioning and heating. This is good for their company in my opinion.