Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NVDA
NVIDIA is a company that has been grabbing my attention lately. The company is focusing on rapidly growing aspects of the tech world - graphics/gaming (their bread-and-butter), virtual reality (both hw and sw), deep learning, and auto sector.

Here's a great overview from Market Realist detailing all major aspects that the company is focusing on.

http://marketrealist.com/2016/04/nvidia-...re-trends/

The company is currently hovering around all-time highs, so might want to wait for a correction. There are plenty of risks/challenges too. Be sure to read the Part 10 in the link posted.
NVDA has come up on some of my screens in the past, but I've never looked into it. I appreciate you bringing it up. I do like NVDA's growth rates (very high) and the fact that they are sitting on almost $10/share of cash, over a quarter of their market cap.
The company is interesting but high P/E and close to all time highs... I'm not too interested in buying at the current price. If it falls to more acceptable levels then I'll take a closer look.
(04-14-2016, 11:12 AM)crimsonghost747 Wrote: The company is interesting but high P/E and close to all time highs... I'm not too interested in buying at the current price. If it falls to more acceptable levels then I'll take a closer look.

I agree, it seems to be trading at a pretty rich valuation for a semi company. The BB+ credit rating and somewhat cyclical earnings history would give me some pause as well, especially when going back to its rich PE multiple.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
Yes. I concur. Its not trading cheaply -- the valuation is quite steep.

I am trying to decided if I want to initiate a position in the company if the valuation is right. Put it on a "Pick up during next recession" list perhaps. They are targeting the right aspects and all the hot sectors in the tech world.
(04-14-2016, 03:01 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: Yes. I concur. Its not trading cheaply -- the valuation is quite steep.

I am trying to decided if I want to initiate a position in the company if the valuation is right. Put it on a "Pick up during next recession" list perhaps. They are targeting the right aspects and all the hot sectors in the tech world.

Understand, I like doing that as well, always nice having different watch lists to choose from.

AVGO, NXPI and SWKS are a couple others in that sector. Long NXPI here.
My website: DGI For The DIY
Also on: Facebook - Twitter - Seeking Alpha
I hope some of you picked a bit of nvda at some point since April. It's up like crazy today.
So much has been going on lately, I just noticed NVDA has gone through the roof!