Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GWPH -- Up 120 Percent!
Well, this is a first for me. Holding a stock that more than doubles on a single day! GWPH is up over 120 percent at the moment on good reports about the efficacy of its trial drug.

The sad news is that today's double brings the stock back (just about) to the price I paid for it! Tongue
Well, that's good that it's back. Will you just continue to hold and wait & see?
Yes, I'm planning to hold. It is a tiny position, and mostly for fun / pure speculation. I suspect that there might be a big future for cannabis pharma, and GWPH is one of the bigger companies that might be well-positioned to ride the wave successfully. But unlike my DG endeavors, this is truly a gamble.
(03-14-2016, 12:47 PM)Kerim Wrote: Yes, I'm planning to hold. It is a tiny position, and mostly for fun / pure speculation. 

I have smaller positions like these.  CART, FHCO, RPXC, AMNF, BAC.  I buy those once when they are on sale and just plan to hold forever and see what happens.  I should note that they are all very small compared to the rest of the portfolio, just a few hundred dollars each.
(03-21-2016, 09:24 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(03-14-2016, 12:47 PM)Kerim Wrote: Yes, I'm planning to hold. It is a tiny position, and mostly for fun / pure speculation. 

I have smaller positions like these.  CART, FHCO, RPXC, AMNF, BAC.  I buy those once when they are on sale and just plan to hold forever and see what happens.  I should note that they are all very small compared to the rest of the portfolio, just a few hundred dollars each.

I would have like to have done the same with BAC at recent lows, but it is one of the too-many companies I cannot invest in because of my job. Dodgy
(03-21-2016, 01:41 PM)Kerim Wrote: I would have like to have done the same with BAC at recent lows, but it is one of the too-many companies I cannot invest in because of my job. Dodgy

I totally understand, but there are still thousands of other opportunities out there.  Keep planting those seeds.