Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. History of Recessions
http://useconomy.about.com/od/grossdomes..._histo.htm

It's happened before, quite a few years pass before another recession occurs; however, in current times I imagine some people within the oil/energy industry feel different then most of us at the moment.
Interesting article, but I dont remember the early 2000s recession being caused by the Y2K bug at all as stated here. I thought it was primarily due to overvaluation of dot coms with post 9/11 terror threats prolonging the recession on the back end.
(03-28-2016, 10:20 PM)navyasw02 Wrote: Interesting article, but I dont remember the early 2000s recession being caused by the Y2K bug at all as stated here.  I thought it was primarily due to overvaluation of dot coms with post 9/11 terror threats prolonging the recession on the back end.

Agreed.  I remember Y2K being more of a reason to party, but didn't seem to affect anything when it was all said and done.  The economic growth of the 90's  was fueled in large part by the internet expansion, and every company tried to jump on the bandwagon by putting ".com" after their name, such as pets.com and others.  The dot com bubble burst around 2000 and that was the main driver of the recession at that time.  Glad I didn't buy any of those stocks.  The P/E multiples of some of those were just irresponsible.