Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changes to Dividend Achievers Index
The Nasdaq Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:NDAQ) today announced the results of the annual evaluation of the NASDAQ US Broad Dividend Achievers Index (Nasdaq: DAA), which will become effective prior to market open on Monday, March 21, 2016.

The following twenty-four securities will be added to the Index: Accenture plc (NYSE:ACN), American Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:AFG), Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE:AMP), Atrion Corporation (Nasdaq:ATRI), Bob Evans Farms, Inc. (Nasdaq:BOBE), BOK Financial Corporation (Nasdaq:BOKF), Cummins Inc. (NYSE:CMI), CenterPoint Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CNP), Connecticut Water Service, Inc. (Nasdaq:CTWS), Daktronics, Inc. (Nasdaq: DAKT), G&K Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:GK), International Speedway Corporation (Nasdaq:ISCA), Monro Muffler Brake, Inc. (Nasdaq:MNRO), National HealthCare Corporation (NYSE:NHC), NorthWestern Corporation (NYSE:NWE), ONEOK Partners, L.P. (NYSE:OKS), 1st Source Corporation (Nasdaq:SRCE), STERIS plc (NYSE:STE), StoneMor Partners L.P. (NYSE:STON), Sensient Technologies Corporation (NYSE:SXT), The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE:THG), TransMontaigne Partners L.P. (NYSE:TLP), Torchmark Corporation (NYSE:TMK), and The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE:TRV).

The NASDAQ US Broad Dividend Achievers Index is comprised of US accepted securities with at least ten consecutive years of increasing annual regular dividend payments. The NASDAQ US Broad Dividend Achievers Index is reviewed on an annual basis. For more information about the NASDAQ US Broad Dividend Achievers Index, including detailed eligibility criteria, visit indexes.nasdaqomx.com.

As a result of the evaluation, the following eight securities will be removed from the Index: Airgas, Inc. (NYSE:ARG), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Darden Restaurants, Inc. (NYSE: DRI), NACCO Industries, Inc. (NYSE:NC), Questar Corporation (NYSE:STR), First Financial Corporation Indiana (Nasdaq:THFF), VSE Corporation (Nasdaq:VSEC), and Williams Companies, Inc. (The) (NYSE:WMB).

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/press-release/annu...z42tvKK2At
Thanks, R2R. I've never looked at the Achievers Index but maybe I'll take a look sometime. Just like the Aristocrats, I've never paid much attention to them when I can get more information-at-a-glance looking at Mr. Fish's list right on my computer and revised every month.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Same here. I usually tend to stick to Dave Fish's CCC list and dont really pay close attention to Achievers and Aristocrats indexes. Thought I'd share anyway.
Why Williams?