Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would it take to have a 1929-1932 Crash
Back in 2008/09 I was fighting for my life, battling cancer and the whole financial breakdown went right by me. I didn't sell one mutual fund; although, I did continue investing small weekly amounts throughout the whole situation. It was a good move!

Every downturn is never a repeat of a previous one...But a full blown Depression? I'd never say never but I think the governments would intervene and shut the markets down to prevent a complete breakdown of the economy. So, I'd say virtually impossible.

And with depressed oil prices??? If they remain low for an extended period of time businesses will adjust and the better ones will become stronger. This is very possible, with other countries now in the mix pumping out more oil we might see additional lows in the mid 20's before oil stabilizes at more reasonable price levels. There is more pain to come and I'm not 100% sure there is blood in the streets, so-to-speak. Maybe I feel this way because I'm older and more complacent then in the past, such as the Dot-Com Bubble way back when. But I believe we're going to be on a roller coaster for quite some time testing new lows on individual stocks, I keep hearing things will be better in 2017, IMHO, I believe 2018/19 is going to be much better years but if one waits until then to invest a lot of good gains are going to be missed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would it take to have a 1929-1932 Crash - by BLTN - 02-04-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: What would it take to have a 1929-1932 Crash - by rayray - 02-20-2016, 05:16 PM