Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would it take to have a 1929-1932 Crash
A Citi analyst is calling it "Oilmageddon." Though that seems to be more of a prolonged recession scenario and not a doomsday / collapse scenario of the type cannew is asking about. 

Apart from pandemic, alien invasion (the outer space kind), or a major global war, for a real depression, I think we'd need the next shoe to fall from the 2008-2009 thing. On the one hand, it seems like it would be hard to revisit those types of scenarios so soon, but I also never fully understood the exit strategy from the huge increases in money supply used to address that situation. I don't see any obvious bubbles, or signs of inflation, and so I wonder if a ton of it is in the stock market (aside from the massive corporate cash hoards). 

I vacillate pretty frequently between optimism and pessimism. But I was comfortable buying stocks in the winter of 2008-2009, figuring that either I was buying incredibly undervalued shares or else the credit markets were going to seize completely, and all of my savings would evaporate anyway.

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would it take to have a 1929-1932 Crash - by BLTN - 02-04-2016, 06:57 PM
RE: What would it take to have a 1929-1932 Crash - by Kerim - 02-07-2016, 03:59 PM