Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
$1.3 Billion
Because I am such an organized person, and like to plan ahead, I'm taking suggestions for what to do with the $1.3 billion that I'll be winning on Wednesday night (probably more by then). 

I'm going to give a lot of it away to make other people's lives better, fund a lot of medical research, and set my daughter up for life. And yes, I'll splurge some on myself too.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
I would set aside enough in DG companies so that my family and I could live comfortably in perpetuity.

I would create a charitable foundation that invests in DG companies and then distributes the dividends to charities I deem worthy.

I would start my own company, technology related, not 100% sure what though.

Travel, my first destination is Scotland.
(01-10-2016, 04:51 PM)Caversham Wrote: I would set aside enough in DG companies so that my family and I could live comfortably in perpetuity.

I would create a charitable foundation that invests in DG companies and then distributes the dividends to charities I deem worthy.

I would start my own company, technology related, not 100% sure what though.

Travel, my first destination is Scotland.

Ya'll are underachievers...I'd spend half of it on wine, women and song and I'd waste the rest. Tongue
Should give it to all the DGF folks to build dividend portfolios with and have a competition to see who has the most at the end of every year. Bottom porfolio drops out until there's only one left.
BOOZE, GAMBLING and WOMEN!!!! WET T-SHIRT CONTESTS!!!!! START A CAMPAIGN TO FREE THE NIPPLE!!!

I mean....Uhmmmmmmmm......Set up a trust fund where all my family and close friends would get an annual salary so they all can enjoy life,. other then that charity that involves children, the elderly, the sick and animals...
(01-12-2016, 12:04 AM)rayray Wrote: START A CAMPAIGN TO FREE THE NIPPLE!!!
LOL! Big Grin Tongue
Rayray, if I win, I will start the campaign to free the nipple and let you co run it with me.
In the following order:

1. Invest more than enough into DG companies to be financially independent.
2. Distribute some to close friends and family.
3. Purchase a house.
4. Backpack the entire globe.
5. A majority of the remaining amount would be donated over time to hundreds of specific scientific research labs that I would handpick. For a very brief time I worked in labs and the amount of bureaucracy these brilliant scientists need to go through to get funding is terrible. Their focus should be on creating treatments for so many diseases and conditions that I have been very fortunate not be born with.
So for the first time ever I played the Powerball... wasn't a funny experience but there it went, I'm $20 poorer... :S
(01-12-2016, 06:05 PM)Rasec Wrote: So for the first time ever I played the Powerball... wasn't a funny experience but there it went, I'm $20 poorer... :S

I just buy 1 ticket. The odds are the same...
It's fun to dream...
I'm visiting the states and I participated too! That's $8 spent on having fun so I think that's $8 well spent even though I don't expect to win anything. But it's fun to talk about these kinds of things, what would I do? etc.

Pay the 30% tax first!
Then invest like 90% of what's left. And the rest would be spent on paying the mortgages of family members, buying a couple of nice houses, traveling, having fun etc.