Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinner with Jim
So the girls are out for a yankee swap dinner at work.  So what the heck, I'll eat my burger with Jim in "Cra-merica".

Tonight was a very depressing episode following todays plunge of 392 points.  About 35 minutes into the show I just about choked on my salad as Jim said to a caller, "I'm going for yield.  It worked for me in 2008 and it will work now..."

Gee, Jim.....yield from dividend paying stocks....what a concept ...   Big Grin

So DGI'ers....carry on!

Booooyah!

Angel
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
<snort>

With that kind of advice from Cramer, I had to think twice whether I should sell everything. Of course, he's probably recommending mREITs, energy MLPs and lesser-known BDCs. Eeeek!
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

(01-07-2016, 07:38 PM)Dividend Watcher Wrote: <snort>

With that kind of advice from Cramer, I had to think twice whether I should sell everything. Of course, he's probably recommending mREITs, energy MLPs and lesser-known BDCs. Eeeek!

I actually had "Maybe I need to sell all my DG stocks ASAP..." and erased it.   Funny how you can react to Jimbo....
There are people who use up their entire lives making money so they can enjoy the lives they have entirely used up
Frederick Buechner
I always have the same reaction when Cramer talks about a company. Didnt someone build a portfolio and trade in and out of stocks as called by Cramer and found that something like 3/4 of the time he picked losers?

Edit: Found it - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-22...72-stock-p
(01-08-2016, 09:05 AM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: I always have the same reaction when Cramer talks about a company. Didnt someone build a portfolio and trade in and out of stocks as called by Cramer and found that something like 3/4 of the time he picked losers?

Edit: Found it - http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-22...72-stock-p

That's awesome. Thanks! I wish they would keep it updated over time.