Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk NSRGY
I wanted to start a discussion about Nestle.

I see it rarely talked about, but it has a very impressive list of brands plus a 19 year dividend growth streak.

The withholding tax is my guess as to why people arent as eager to invest in this company, as opposed to say PEP.

What is everyones opinion on this company?
The withholding tax and the fact that it isnt listed on the major stock exchanges (only available on the OTC market - and I cant trade on those markets based on the types of accounts I have).

As far as brand names go, Nestle is definitely up there and definitely has better names than say, HSY.
(11-16-2015, 11:36 PM)Roadmap2Retire Wrote: The withholding tax and the fact that it isnt listed on the major stock exchanges (only available on the OTC market - and I cant trade on those markets based on the types of accounts I have).

As far as brand names go, Nestle is definitely up there and definitely has better names than say, HSY.

It is frustrating that NSRGY trades OTC, because it doesn't show up on many websites, like finviz.com. However, Nestle is such a strong company. I love it for the diversification of it's products. I feel that Nestle would be around for the next hundred years and am comfortable to count it as one of my few "forever" holdings.
Yeah, the withholding tax was pretty jarring to me when I first bought around 5 years ago. At the time I was really into the taxable accounts. I sold. I'd probably buy for IRAs these days...But I haven't looked at it in a while. Excellent company. Some of their food trends are passe (frozen meals etc) but they are good at adapting.