Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hold cash?
(11-23-2015, 10:21 AM)Rasec Wrote: Right now I don't see a lot of appealing positions in the SP500 so it's better to stay put.

Right now, HSY, IBM, WMT all look good. Also, if you have an appetite for risk BBL and KMI have been beaten down.
(11-23-2015, 10:51 AM)DividendGarden Wrote:
(11-23-2015, 10:21 AM)Rasec Wrote: Right now I don't see a lot of appealing positions in the SP500 so it's better to stay put.

Right now, HSY, IBM, WMT all look good. Also, if you have an appetite for risk BBL and KMI have been beaten down.

Thanks for the ideas Smile

I hold half a position of IBM and a position and a half of KMI, I'm happy and nervous with both Tongue

I don't shop at Walmart and don't like the brand so I'm out there, but I've been looking at Target instead and it's one I almost bought this week, until I decided to wait and see. HSY has a current P/E too high for my taste.

QCOM and TGT would be my current bets, with an extended look at UNP and CMI, but as I'm not 100% sure in any of them, I'd rather just wait and see.
(11-23-2015, 03:31 PM)Rasec Wrote: I hold half a position of IBM and a position and a half of KMI, I'm happy and nervous with both Tongue

I guess the nervousness should depend on your time horizon. I intend to hold forever, but I would think that after 5-7 years we'll be happy we added to IBM and KMI these past few months.