Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GoFundMe Short Trader
Did anybody else see the story in MarketWatch about the short trader who put a funding request on GoFundMe to cover his losses.

This guy's ego is truly breath-taking. On his request page, he actually tries to blame E-Trade for not stopping his losses. He has obviously not learned anything. Better if he admitted he was an idiot and start the rest of his life from that point.

I don't want to be cruel, but I am tired of people trying to be "Masters of the Universe". The truly great people I have known dealt with reality, not with fantasy.
Saw it on Zerohedge. What an idiot and from what I can tell he just starting trading a few months ago - and bet $35K shorting a stock! Huh

He will be a debt slave for a few years (I think he owes E-trade $106K, if I remember correctly). Hopefully that will be a lesson for him.

--
Reminds me of reading a few stories a year or so ago where ppl put their whole nest egg/retirement savings into GTAT. When Apple pulled the rug out from under them, that company went pretty much belly up (although I heard recently that they are back from the dead). It was stories after stories of ppl betting everything on this hunch and Seeking Alpha authors raving that it was the next best thing since sliced bread and their info was based on "insiders". It just astounds me when I hear such stories - all they have to do is stop for a second and think what they are doing!
I don't like reading about these story's, it's like a different take on "Gold Fever".
Another one - this time betting everything on Fitbit.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-02-23...gging-site

People never learn!
Alright, I never heard of this gofundme site and I'm floored!! Begging? Online? Okay, I see it now....Welcome to the 2010's Ray...

I cannot believe what people are asking for, things such as down payments on a house? What happened to saving?

I'm going on there and ask people to help me fund my future retirement goals...

"I'll accept all your unused pennies, please send me all your unused pennies!"
(02-28-2016, 11:57 PM)rayray Wrote: Alright, I never heard of this gofundme site and I'm floored!! Begging? Online? Okay, I see it now....Welcome to the 2010's Ray...

I cannot believe what people are asking for, things such as down payments on a house? What happened to saving?

I'm going on there and ask people to help me fund my future retirement goals...

"I'll accept all your unused pennies, please send me all your unused pennies!"

"Begging is the new saving"
 - Millenials
Oooh, ooog, I got the answer. He should borrow another hundred grand and  buy lottery tickets. Tongue
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan