Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DGI for Europeans
First off, welcome to the forum, DutchDiv!

I invite you to add a post to the Introductions section so we can know a little more about you and what you're looking for -- age, goals, type of investment accounts you're using. For example, I don't know if you have the equivalent to the Individual Retirement Account (IRA) like we have in the U.S.

Next, I'd suggest you get an idea of what exchange rates would be acceptable to you if you were to add some U.S. stocks. I understand the hesitation in investing with the US$ close to all-time highs. Just checked the long-term chart on Yahoo Finance for USDEUR exchange. Looks like the $1.25-$1.30 range to the Euro is a reasonable median. The put the portion aside you want to invest in U.S. stocks aside in something safe and start buying once it gets to your range.

In the meantime, do your research and investing Europe. Like your choices of Unilever and L'oreal. Rasec had some good suggestions to which I would add Novartis to the research list. Looks to me like your exchange rate with Canada is in your favor here recently. May want to look at the Canadian banks, rails & telecom there too.

Glad you dropped in.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
DGI for Europeans - by DutchDiv - 11-06-2015, 09:50 AM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by Rasec - 11-06-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by DutchDiv - 11-06-2015, 10:34 AM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by Rasec - 11-06-2015, 11:23 AM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by Dividend Watcher - 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by DutchDiv - 11-07-2015, 11:11 AM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by crimsonghost747 - 11-07-2015, 12:50 PM
RE: DGI for Europeans - by rayray - 11-07-2015, 01:33 PM