Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Freedom Fund
Hi All,

New Member here, I just wanted to share my freedom fund with Y'all. Before I kick it off, just wanted to say that the plan for this portfolio is to have 40-50 holdings which would help supplement my retirement with dividend income. I initiated small to medium positions (1k-4k) while many of the companies were near their lows over the past year, except for a few. This represents my core, as time goes on and when different sectors fall I'll be adding to my positions. I'm over weight on energy and reits due to the slump earlier in the year.

I'll share my watch list shortly.

These are my holdings.

Symbol
ARLP
BKH
BP
CAT
COP
CVX
DLR
ED
EMR
GE
HCP
HP
IBM
JNJ
KMI
KO
MO
MSEX
NSC
NWN
O
OHI
OKS
PG
RY
SO
T
UHT
UNP
UTX
VVC
VZ
WMT
WPC
XOM
Fine list, but have you considered any financial stocks and medical? I'd recommend AFL, WFC, TROW, GILD, and ABBV to your list.
(11-06-2015, 12:23 AM)navyasw02 Wrote: Fine list, but have you considered any financial stocks and medical? I'd recommend AFL, WFC, TROW, GILD, and ABBV to your list.

Thanks, yes, I was considering ABBV when it around $50 due to the bad Hep C news, but due to the recent run up I've decided to hold off, and GILD looks like its poised to be a gem for us DGI'ers. As far as financials, I'm a fan of WFC and CINF. Unfortunately, if the fed raise interest rates then they should have a good bounce so I was nibbling on Canadian banks (RY and I'm liking TD right now). I'll be gathering the dry powder this month to be ready to see what the scene will look like next month.
A fellow ARLP believer! I didn't know there were others. Welcome and good luck!

Welcome JxC
Agree that it is a fine list!
(11-06-2015, 08:01 AM)rapidacid Wrote: A fellow ARLP believer! I didn't know there were others. Welcome and good luck!

Haha! There's a few of us! With a strong balance sheet and being able to navigate through tough waters, what's not to like?! Deriving energy from coal isn't going anywhere for a while so Long ARLP!