Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello fellow DGI's
Hi all.

After my new life, read divorce, at 53 I suddenly find that I have extra money at the end of each month. Go figure. Took me a couple of years of researching to decide on an investment strategy as I am somewhat risk averse but have finally settled on dividend growth investing. Started early this year. Can't time the market right? I figure I have 14 years until retirement. Upon planning, again, for retirement I calculate I will need to supplement my income with about 12K in additional annual income and I believe this is achievable through DGI. I will post my portfolio in the portfolio thread for your comments.

I have been reading this board for about 6 months and thought I would let you know I appreciate all of your comments.

Thanks
BLTN
Better Late Than Never
BLTN, welcome aboard!

After pissing away a lot of years and cash with all kinds of investment styles, I turned to DGI around 7 or so years ago. It just made so much more sense than anything else I tried or read about. You don't get rich overnight but I find I sleep better and have more confidence when you see the income stream inching its way up over the years.

Looking forward to your participation.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Great handle, BLTN, and welcome to the forum. Thanks for joining up!