Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Portfolio (New Member)
jhpaul, you've certainly expanded your portfolio. Hopefully you've gotten some of them at a good value. At your age, you've got a good start. What are your plans for the near term -- are you going to add to your current positions or are you still looking to expand your holdings?

I notice healthcare is conspicuously absent. Scanning the Canadian Dividend All-Star list, I didn't see any healthcare companies listed so you may be forced into a US or European company. Curious as to why you traded in and out of ABBV?

Don't blame you for looking for Canadian issues so you don't have forex fluctuations. I have some Canadian stocks in our IRAs and the dividends fluctuate also. I am comfortable in the long term it will average out as long as I don't have to count on every penny once I reach the withdrawal phase.

Hopefully some of the other "northern neighbors" will weigh in soon.
=====

“While the dividend itself is merely a rearrangement of equity, over time it's more like owning an apple tree. The tree grows the apples back again and again and again, and the theoretical value of the tree doesn't change just because of when the apples are about to fall.” - earthtodan

Messages In This Thread
My Portfolio (New Member) - by jhpaul - 10-25-2015, 12:05 PM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by jhpaul - 10-26-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by Kerim - 10-26-2015, 09:32 AM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by rayray - 10-29-2015, 12:30 AM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by jhpaul - 08-28-2016, 07:45 AM
RE: My Portfolio (New Member) - by Dividend Watcher - 08-29-2016, 10:35 PM